SOLD | 221 willow AVENUE, CORTE MADERA
EXCLUSIVELY LISTED FOR $1,350,000 | SOLD FOR $1,460,000
- 3 bedrooms | 2 bathrooms
- 1,391 sq ft (per tax records)
- 7,298 sq ft (per tax records) nearly level lot
- HUGE upside potential to expand the living space into the framed, above ground subarea space
- Newly remodeled and updated
- Stainless steel appliances
- Enormous entertaining deck
- Backs to the park-like Corte Madera bike and walking path
- Award-winning Larkspur-Corte Madera Schools
- Coveted Chapman Park location on one of the best streets in Corte Madera
- Level walking distance to the vibrant Corte Madera and Larkspur downtowns and the Corte Madera Town Park's vast lawns, soccer and baseball fields, tennis courts, skate park and kid's playgrounds
- Near world-class hiking and biking trails
- Short, level distance to the Corte Madera Town Center and The Village
- Incredibly good commute location to San Francisco and the East Bay
IDYLLIC HOME IN AN INCREDIBLE LOCATION IN CHAPMAN PARK
Incredible, ultra-convenient location in the flats of coveted Chapman Park! 221 Willow Avenue has been beautifully updated with stylish interiors, new landscaping and is just a few level blocks from the Corte Madera Town Park, Neil Cummins Elementary School, Downtown Corte Madera and Downtown Larkspur. A very sunny 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,395 sq ft (per tax records) home sits on a extremely usable level 7,298 square foot lot providing huge expansion possibilities. The home backs to the Corte Madera bike path and is a short distance to The Village Shopping Center, Corte Madera Town Center, Highway 101 and world-class hiking/biking trails.
The entry to the main level of the home features a private patio that leads to the warm, welcoming living room. Freshly painted with brand new carpeting and recessed lighting, this space opens to the terra cotta tiled dining room followed by an open kitchen with countertop seating for more casual dining. The kitchen opens through French doors to a huge entertaining deck that looks out to the gorgeous yard that you can enjoy all day sun.
To the left of the entrance is a beautiful, large guest bedroom with large windows, office nook and its own private entrance to the front patio. The main hallway past the living room connects the second bedroom ideal for guests or children and a newly remodeled bathroom with a new shower/tub combo and new tile floor. At the end of the hallway is the expansive master suite with with big, beautiful windows, master bathroom, large closet and two doors leading out to the gorgeous back deck.
The outdoor space at 221 Willow is beautifully sunlit, with a large entertaining and barbequing deck that is expansive enough for an 8-10 person outdoor dining table and full outdoor living room/lounge area. To the left of the deck and house sits the back yard which is eminently usable for such things as playing bocce ball, a huge children's play structure, a pool and more. The home backs directly to a park-like area of the Corte Madera bike/walking path along which kids play ball, ride bikes, walk dogs and locals plant neighborhood gardens and vegetables. If you are looking for a sense of community, this is the location!
The first level of the home is fully framed in space above ground that measures anywhere between about 6’6” and 7’3” high. Currently used as a one car garage on one end with a large laundry room on the other end, this space could easily be transformed into more bedrooms, a family room, a large workspace, playroom, or craft space, etc. Imagine even building a new garage to the left of the home and using the entire downstairs as living space. Conservatively, per FAR, one could potentially expand to a 2,500 or more sq. ft. home on this gorgeous, sunny lot in the flats of Corte Madera. The above should be confirmed with the Town of Corte Madera Planning Department.
Please call Whitney Potter 415-640-8671 or Barr Haney 415-847-7347 to show.
(click to enlarge)